The BOB ICS together serve 1.8 million people. Our population is one the fastest growing in the country, predicted to increase by almost 25% by 2033. We are ambitious for the communities we serve and by working together, we can maximise these opportunities and ensure our health and care services are fit for such a promising future.
We want to:
- Work together to deliver joined up health and care services based on the needs of individuals and shaped by the circumstances and priorities of local communities
- Support people to live longer, healthier lives and treat avoidable illness early on
- Make the best use of available public funds and resources so that, together, we can secure the best outcomes
- Make our focus local unless it is more efficient and effective for us to pool our expertise and resources to work together at ICS level
- Reach out, where appropriate, beyond our borders to work closely with others – for example, across the wider Thames Valley region on specialist cancer services
- Seize the opportunities associated with new digital technologies
- Make more of the fantastic research assets we have locally
There are many positives about people, places and services in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West. There is a great deal of potential within our local health and care system and a great deal of talent within our partner organisations and amongst our wider stakeholders.
We cover an area with strong infrastructure that is predicted to see significant economic growth, bringing with it an increase in the local population.
- We have several highly regarded medical schools, universities and biomedical research centres
- There is strong investment in research, development and innovation, including over five hundred life sciences businesses with major strengths in medical diagnostics and digital innovation
- There will be significant investment in business and infrastructure, including transport links, over the coming years