Improving maternity care for all women and their families
We want to ensure maternity services across Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West are sustainable over the next 10 years. To help achieve this, a vision has been developed for maternity services and decisions are being made on where additional capacity can be developed to support an additional 3000 births.
Local maternity services action plans are in place to transform maternity services up to 2021.
- Better access to perinatal mental health services (specialist mental health support and therapy which women receive during pregnancy)
- Improving stillbirth rates
- Development of a regional maternity dashboard to help services benchmark against each other (which has been in use since April 2018)
To create a foundation for the development of a
specialist perinatal mental health workforce
- Establishing a local maternity system across BOB STP, required in the Better Births/ NHS England Maternity Transformation programme, with support through the Thames Valley Strategic Clinical Network to transform maternity services across the Local Maternity System
- Using the Local Maternity System to decide on where additional capacity can be developed for 3000 births